Saturday, April 12, 2014

Transfusions... And More Transfusions...

Yep. We're still here at the hospital. Lilly is doing much better. No more bleeding from her mouth. Hallelujah! We had the option to go home last night but I just felt like we should stay - just to make sure all is well and that we had no further issues. I'm glad we stayed. She needs another platelet transfusion this morning before we head home. That's 4 platelet, 2 blood, and 2 plasma transfusions in 2 DAYS!! That is so much!



Yesterday was "Harry Potter Day" on the third floor of the hospital. Lilly's ANC (Absolute Nutrofil Count) was high enough that she was able to enjoy a few activities and get out of her room for about an hour. 


Even though you can't see her face, you can still tell she was smiling. :) I'm glad she had a happy day after a hard day. She deserved it!!


Lilly was so glad that Emery came to visit her in the hospital yesterday. The night before when we were up all night with a bleeding mouth, Lilly was really missing Em. She said, "Mom, do you know what I wish I had in my suitcase to make me happy??? My BABY SISTER!" I am so grateful for the bond that they share. They love each other so so much! It reminds me of that quote, "If I didn't have you as my sister, I would choose you as my friend." They are best friends!


3 comments:

  1. OH SO glad she has made it home!! We continue to pray!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your home and she is doing better. That is so sweet what she said about Emery. So glad they are best friends. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet angels you have. I love that lilly is always putting others before herself. That looks like one of the best Harry Potter parties there ever was. I wish I could have come. I love parties!

    ReplyDelete