Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

When we found out we were being admitted on Saturday for Lilly's fever, she was so bummed. We had plans for Easter weekend and Lilly was looking forward to it so much! We tried to make the best of it so Easter was brought to Lilly.


Holly is one of Lilly's favorite techs in the ICS unit. Lilly was so happy to see her this weekend - it's been a while. Holly has always been so sweet with Lilly and goes out of her way to make Lilly happy. When we were first diagnosed, she would come play games with Lilly so I could hurry and sneak out and go to the bathroom - Lilly still doesn't like me to leave her side, especially when we are at the hospital. 


We were planning on coloring eggs at Grandma Alldredge's house, but since that wasn't an option anymore, the eggs were brought to Lilly! Thanks Mills girls and Grandma for coming and making Lilly's day a little better!


Happy Easter! Lilly was thrilled when we found out we were going home on Easter Morning. Hooray! However, we were planning on sneaking into sacrament meeting so Lilly could play the piano with my Dad for the Easter Program, but that didn't work out. :( We'll just have to try another time.


Lori came to visit! (Jay's 3rd cousin, I think.) She was up at Primary's visiting her best buddy Ethan and tried to find us, but we had already been discharged. She went out of her way to come to our house and visit for a little bit. She gave Lilly and Em these beautiful dolls - it made Lilly feel very special! Thank you Lori for always being so kind and loving to our family. We love you so so much!


Such posers! I love this picture so much! Don't know what I would do without my two girlies! They both had fun finding eggs in Grandma Grandma Wilkinson's backyard. I'm glad there was good weather to enjoy. We needed it.



Family Easter Picture 2014. What a difference from last year! So much has changed for our family. It was a really hard day for all of us yesterday. We tried to make things as "normal" as possible, but it just made me realize how different our lives are right now. Oh how I wish things could go back to how they used to be... without cancer running our lives. I know I need to be grateful for the blessings that I do have, and I am, but some days it's hard to look for the silver lining. I love my family more than anything - 
I just wish cancer was not a part of it.



Cute pictures of Em with Grandma and Grandpa. :) I am so glad we have Emery in our family. She is our light right now and we all really need that.

I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. For all that He has done for me and my family. I am grateful for the Atonement and for the sacrifice He made on my behalf. He suffered. He died. He is risen!! He lives!! I showed Lilly an Easter video of the Savior and she hid her head and started to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "When is Jesus coming again? I miss him so much!!" I asked her what she would do when she sees Him again and she said, "Give him the BIGGEST hug!" I am so grateful Lilly knows who her Savior is. And I know He is helping her along the way through this journey.

4 comments:

  1. Tiffany, you just shared with the world one of the greatest messages you could have ever posted on this blog. What do you think the majority of the world is going to think when they read this lovely message? There going to ask, how can this mother even smile, how can she be so trusting and have faith, how can she be grateful and positive. How can she be all of this when her daughter has cancer? What is it that this mother and father understand that I don't? Tiffany you did a eloquent job at sharing honest feelings, but positive testimony of determination and trust. Pure faith. I knew that lilly knows who the Savior is. She recognizes his love for her. The Savior has suffered what lilly, your family and what all of us are going through. He knows exactly what you and lilly and your family are feeling, he and the Father are the only ones. Plus we have the assurance that both the Savior and God will never, ever leave us alone. I just did proxy for 20 daughters that were sealed to their parents in the Temple. 10 of them had died before the age of 8. I thought, I wonder how their parents felt loosing them? So young. Then I thought what joy they must be feeling now to be an eternal family. Then I see your family picture, even with the awful trial of cancer, and I am so grateful that your family is together, smiling, happy, positive, determined. That there is temporal, and spiritual help for lilly to get through this. Which I know she will and so will your family. Yes Tiffany and Jay, and your perfect little angels, lilly and emery. Heavenly Father and the Savior of the world love you. The hundreds of everyday angels that they send that come into your lives everyday love you. Your family and friends love you. This trial will be but a brief moment, but the blessings that will come will be eternal. Just keep looking for those everyday miracles, large and small and keep being grateful. Remember that the opposite of fear is faith and faith, determination and gratitude are all positive actions, with nothing but positive results! Thank you for your lovely words. Sending tons of giggles and hugs to your adorable girls......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I just found your blog.. I am amazed at the strength these little ones have, I will keep your family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad she had to miss some Easter stuff but how awesome that you didn't have to spend ALL Easter in the hospital. I like you're new family pic & I have your same exact skirt by the way. Have you seen the new because of Him video the church put out?? I love it!! In case you haven't seen it, here is the link. Love you guys!
    https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete