Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Story About A Bear...

Once Upon A Time... There was a bear that was very loved. It belonged to the mother of the household, and she eventually gave it to her daughter Princess Lilly. His name was Freddy Bear. Lilly loved that bear even more than her mother loved it, and it became a huge comfort to her - especially when Lilly got really sick. Freddy Bear was always right by Lilly... For every surgery, every back poke, every port access. He went everywhere!










 

 Freddy Bear is in every picture here. He may not be the center of the picture, but he's in the background. Freddy has always been there for Lilly.

One night, Lilly had to stay at the hospital because her mouth was bleeding really bad. All night long her Mommy, Daddy, and the nurse had to keep changing her bedding because of all the blood.


That's when Freddy got lost. Maybe when we were cleaning up the soiled bedding we picked up Freddy Bear too! Freddy got thrown into the central laundry!!! Lilly was beyond devastated. We didn't notice Freddy was missing until the next morning. Lilly told her nurse that she wanted to stay in the hospital until Freddy was found. That's huge for Lilly because she hates hates hates staying in the hospital. It was so sad. She was heartbroken!! 

For the next two or three days all Lilly did was cry. It was like a death to her. She was mourning the loss of her Freddy Bear and it broke our hearts to see her so sad. We keep trying to find Freddy Bear, but we still haven't had any luck. It's a good thing there is a place called Amazon... Lilly's mom got online and found a new Freddy Bear. The exact same bear - just newer. It was ordered and we very patiently waited for him to come. 


The day before Easter, we were admitted again for a fever and Lilly was bummed she had to stay overnight. Luckily, there was a very special package that came for Lilly that day. She opened it and began sobbing tears of JOY to have her beloved Freddy Bear back! It brought tears to our eyes to see the reunion they had! Freddy Bear has been there through so many hard things - and we are so glad to have Freddy Bear back. We are still waiting to hear back from the hospital to see if the original Freddy Bear will be found, but for now, we are so grateful we have a replacement that is just as special to Princess Lilly!


...And they lived Happily Ever After!
THE END

5 comments:

  1. Sweet --so glad your have a new Freddy Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. Glad she likes the new Freddy Bear just as much. What a comfort he must bring to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love stories. That is one of my favorite things to do with my children when they were little and now with my grand kids. I loved this exciting story about Freddie Bear. Friends that always stay right by your side no matter what are the very best kind to have. He is adorable, I bet he loves those Lilly hugs and doesn't mind if sometimes when something really hurts that you squeeze him tighter. I'm so glad he came back to be with you. Maybe you need to have mom or dad get you a special suit case or bag for Freddy Bear so you know right where he is. I know how you feel though Princess Lilly. Aunt Teri has a very special traveling blanket, that my mom made special for me. It has been everywhere I go on vacations, camping and even to hospitals. It fit just right in my suitcase. I loved it. It felt just like home and it kept me warm and cozy. But last year it got left. I was so so sad. But then I told my mom and she surprised me with a new one. No not just the same but it worked the same and I love it. I thought maybe someone else needed my lost blanket and it will keep them warm to and that makes me happy. Thank you for sharing this happy story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should have bought two!! So glad she has this comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With her expressions you can surely tell how she feels about getting a new freddy bear. Oh how she loves that bear. Love you Lilly girl and the little things that make you so very happy.

    ReplyDelete