Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bald Cartoons

The day we found out Lilly had Leukemia was by far the most devastating days of our lives and it was the hardest thing to tell her she is so sick.  The next hardest thing to tell Lilly was that she was going to loose her Long beautiful hair.  Something she has treasured since she could talk.  It was like taking a part of her away. Even before she lost her hair she said "I don't want anyone to look at me" and after she said "Dad, I don't look pretty anymore".  Talk about tearing your heart out with a spoon.  I told her "Lilly, You are the most beautiful flower I know".  So as you know I am supporting her in this fight and will keep my head shaved see she can stand proud and be the Baldilocks she is. Granted Like I told her "Your hair will grow back. Mine may not", but I'm okay with that. I'm now so impressed with her and her resilient attitude towards her hair loss.  Sure, it's been hard and she's mentioned that she misses her hair but, she knows it's okay and that things will get better.  She is also excited to get her own wig made from her own hair.  It's in China being made and should be on it's way home soon.



That being said, I'm glad Tiffany found this video that takes place in Brasil and the support the country is giving to help support the special children that are fighting for their lives. I love that so many cartoons are willing to show these kids with cancer and those that are healthy it's okay to be bald. I know there have been times when kids and adults stare at Lilly and won't talk to her because she's different and has a no hair. But, with the right information those same kids will come over and play.  


Thanks to all our Brasileiro friends. We're so blessed to know all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this video Jay. It brought tears to my eyes, as I know in my heart how important it is that all of us are the same in our Heavenly Father's eyes. I understand just how much he loves everyone. I had a special moment in the temple, where we had a sealing and the mother of the bride came in the temple to see the eternal marriage of her daughter. The mother was in a wheelchair with a beautiful knit cover on her head, because she had no hair. She was wearing a mask to keep from getting sick and was on oxygen.I just want to say that I have never seen a more beautiful lady as this mother. I could feel of her love for her daughter and of the Savior's love for her. It was a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete