Monday, March 17, 2014

Picc Line & Patty's Day

Lilly finally finished her antibiotics! Yay!! Since she no longer needs her picc line, our home health nurse came over yesterday and took it out. Lilly was extremely nervous. When they put her picc line in she woke up during the procedure and it wasn't a very good experience for her, so I can see why she was nervous to have them take it out. But, she was a trooper. After all was said and done she said the worst part of getting her picc line taken out was the sticky tape. This Thursday, we will go in and have a CBC done (Complete Blood Count) to see where her levels are. This next spinal tap they are doing on Friday will be Count Dependent. If her levels are "good" (I'm not sure what the "good" level is they are looking for, but that's why I'm not the doctor) then she will have a spinal tap and have surgery to get her new port. If her levels aren't where they need to be then they push things back another week. I think that's how this whole next "phase" will be. Everything being Count Dependent. I can't believe it's only been a month since her diagnosis. It feels like forever. But, Lilly is a brave brave little girl. She most always has a smile on her face and she is one of the strongest girls I know.

Lucky the Leprechaun visited our house! It's a good thing Lilly reminded me about the Leprechaun visiting last year or he may have forgotten to come!! ;) One of the traditions our Leprechaun does each year is he pees green in our toilet and turns the milk green too! (but I'll spare you the pictures:)



Thanks Aunt Yvonne for the Irish attire! Do you see the Leprechaun footprints on the ground?


Emery didn't care much about the treasure hunt we went on, but she sure loved the prize at the end... COOKIES!


When Lilly found her treasure, the first thing she said was, "Yum!!! Oh.... I bet they aren't gluten free." :( YES THEY ARE! We have a smart Leprechaun that lives at our house!! 

9 comments:

  1. My what cute girls we have!!! I love the Irish Green. Lilly can just tell the Cancer to "Pogue Mahone". An old Irish blessing my aunt Yvonne would always say. I means "Kiss me Arse"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such cuties. So glad Aunt Yvonne took care of them. They were so excited to get the things from her. And for sure Lilly can tell Cancer to "Pogue Mahone". So glad the Leprechaun visited your cute little girls. Love the pictures and my cute little granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are sooo cute in their Green. Thanks Yvonne for thinking of them. I'm glad the Leprechaun found them because he totally missed our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute girls! Tell Lilly a leprechaun peed in our toilet too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Yvonne is the best Irish person I know. Actually the only Irish person from Ireland I know. Looks like she hooked everyone up. Lilly you look so beautiful. I hope you enjoy all those goodies you got.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany - I just read through this blog and wanted to tell you thank you so much for sharing this emotional journey with others! My heart hurts, but what a beautiful, strong, brave girl Miss Lilly is! You are such a great mama too, what a clever idea to have a word of the day to focus on. I thought it was so sweet that she asked about the cookies being gluten-free - hooray for Leprechauns that know what treats to bring! ;) We will keep your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these fun family traditions. Your children will always remember their family traditions because it's what families and children who have such amazing parents do. I'm so proud of that brave Lilly she is just like the girl in the Brave movie. Thank you for letting us share in your family fun time. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes how come gluten free? Does someone need that in your family?

      Delete