Saturday, March 8, 2014

Friends...


We've been keeping Lilly pretty isolated ever since her Leukemia diagnosis - for good reason. Her ANC (Actual Nutrafil Count - or good white blood cells that fight off infection) are ZERO. That means, anyone with a tiny bug or sniffle or cough could give it to Miss Lilly. It's a scary thing. But, we also have to think about Lilly. She's a social butterfly who loves to have friends. She needs some socialization with others besides her parents and grandparents. 

Last night, our next door neighbor Sydnee came over to visit with Lilly. They are good friends. Sydnee would always wait for Lilly at our house in the mornings so they could walk to the bus stop together. Sydnee has kind of taken Lilly under her wing and made "going to school" not so scary for Lilly. It was so good for Lilly to play with Sydnee. She was so so happy! They read books together, made a craft, and watched "Frozen." I haven't seen Lilly light up like that in a long time. Thanks Sydnee for playing with Lilly! You made her night (and mine too)!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful you guys are home. Tiffany to help you, start a grateful journal. I was told by my son to take this challenge and everyday write something you are grateful, if you do then the promise is that you will find success. For me when I go back and read all the small and big thank fulls in my life I feel peace and gratitude. So start tonight and the first thing in your book will be I'm grateful we are home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that she got to have a friend over. That was a happy time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see her happy. Glad she got to have her friend come and visit and play with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany - I agree with Teri. When Andy was born he only had a 5% chance of making it, now look at him. I started a journal of my journey to bring him home. There were MANY tears written and dripped in that journal, however it is something that I treasure. The pain and joy that is felt anytime I just see that book is amazing. I know the Lord will bless you as he has blessed my family. We pray for you daily - can I bring Abby by sometime?

    ReplyDelete