Thursday, March 20, 2014

Counts Are Too Low...

This morning we went over to Riverton Primary Children's Hospital to get a CBC (Complete Blood Count) to see where Lilly's numbers are at. It's been so good to see her have so much energy. I haven't seen her like this since way before Christmas. The next spinal tap with intrathecal chemo is Count Dependent. The oncologist just called me with her results and her numbers are too low. :( I was convinced her numbers would be sky-high. They said most all of her numbers are great, but it's her ANC (Absolute Nutrophil Count - the white blood cells that fight against infection) that needs to be higher. This morning Lilly's ANC was 594 and they need to be at least 750 for the next spinal tap. So, we will wait and do another CBC on Monday and if her counts are up, then go ahead with the procedure on Tuesday. She's not only getting the intrathecal chemo, but she also needs surgery again to get her new port put in. It's hard to mentally prepare for the next step and then find out it's not happening, and then it's more waiting! Pray for Lilly's counts to go UP!

3 comments:

  1. I thought they would be good also. Praying and hoping they will be good enough on Monday. She is so full of energy right now which is so fun to see. Love my little Lilly pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned with my niece never to expect anything....it was always so disappointing. Just take 1 day at a time....1 moment at a time.... sending love and prayers always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, perfect mom tiffany! Bless your heart. No I don't know how you are feeling. Yet I want you to know that right now there are hundreds of mom's that are walking right by your side. It seems to be what us women do so well, lift one another. I remember so many times in my life where I prayed and prayed for things to be answered when I thought they should be. I soon found out that everything is on the Lord's time. When I realized this especially when I was working so hard to save my unborn child. It took me almost 8 months to fully see what the Lord had in store. Then when I looked at the whole picture I could see that he knew all along what was best. As hard as it was I am truly grateful. The best thing I learned was no matter what, no matter how small, no matter what happens that I always knew that there was a reason that the moment happened. You maybe can't see why you have to wait for the next thing to happen for lilly but just remember the Lord does and just always take comfort in knowing that. I'm amazed that every time there is a set back for lilly that in the next sentence you notice something positive that has happened. Maybe it's lilly's friend or the dogs come or she gets to be home and this time it's that she has more energy. Tiffany, Heavenly Father loves lilly. When people look in lilly's eyes you can see and feel the love of the savior. Lilly will make it through this and because of her strength she is going to do marvelous things in her life. You just keep being brave for her. Just remember no matter what ALL IS WELL.

    ReplyDelete