Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's here! It's here! Lilly's Wig is HERE!!

It FINALLY came! Lilly's wig is back from China and we couldn't be more excited - especially Lilly! We were supposed to be admitted over the weekend to start the next phase in her treatment, but Lilly didn't make counts so we were delayed. She was bummed because she was mentally preparing herself to stay at the hospital and get it over with - she hates staying overnight. What better way to cheer her up than tell her that she gets her hair back!!


Michelle at Creative Wigs has been so great to work with and she is so cute with Lilly. She let Lilly help wash her wig and she taught Lilly how to best take care of it.




While Lilly was trying to be patient and let her wig dry after washing it, she decided to try on other wigs just for fun! Of course the purple one was a hit! She sometimes says she wishes her hair will grow back purple - or at least a purple stripe in her hair. 


 Em had to join in the fun!


 Sisters! Em will do WHATEVER Lilly does. 
It can be very entertaining to watch!


 Yay! It felt so nice to finally have on!!


Such a HAPPY girl!


It's been amazing to me how many people look at Lilly differently because she has no hair. I think she's beautiful no matter what, but it makes Lilly feel whole again now that her long hair is back and that part of her wig is actually HER OWN HAIR. Wherever we go, there are people who just stare and point at Lilly. As her mother I probably notice it more than she does, but I wish people didn't look at her as "different." She's my same Lilly, she's just fighting a hard battle right now. She needs love and support now more than ever. So many times during this journey Lilly would just cry and cry because she missed her hair so much. She frequently asks to brush or play with my hair because she doesn't have any. Now a little piece of her is back and there's a little more sparkle in her eyes. 


There's my beautiful girl!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Her hair looks incredible! I loved reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes... again. What a beautiful smile and gorgeous girl with AND without her hair! She shines from the inside and that is where beauty really counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful no matter what! I love that big smile! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Glad she is able to feel more like herself. She is beautiful, with or without hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, having worked for years with special needs children, I can somewhat relate. People were always staring at them. I at first was also very defensive, I am sure with it being your own child it would be even harder. But I prayed about it because I felt bad. They were normal people with amazing whole spirits. But then my defensiveness changed because I felt they weren't staring to be mean but because they didn't understand. Many had compassion in their eyes. I always smiled at them to let them know that it was ok. They would always smile back. You know what miss Lilly, I love your special hair. I'm beaming with smiles that your special gift came just at the right time. But Lilly, it doesn't change who you are because hair or not all that anyone really notices is your perfect smile that radiates your love from the inside out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany you sweetheart, stand tall, don't worry about the small things. Because you have a special perfect gift of a little daughter that was willing to except one of this world's greatest challenges. Now that something to be eternally proud of.

      Delete
  6. I love it! Her face with the purple wig is awesome. ;) Her happiness is contagious! What a blessing she is to me. Thank you! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wig has lifted her up and made her so happy. I love the wig. She is such a beautiful girl even without the wig. What a joy your girls are to all those who know them. Love you Miss Lilly and Emery.

    ReplyDelete