Wednesday, August 19, 2015

First Day of School!

Lilly started 2nd Grade today! She was so excited that she couldn't sleep last night. She woke up at 6:30 this morning and I've never seen her get dressed so fast in my life! 




It was really hard on Emery to see Lilly leave without her and go to school. They have such a special bond and Emery was very sad. She was up multiple times in the night just sobbing!! We were torn: one girl was super excited, and the other girl was super sad! I love that my girls are so close.


Lilly and our neighbor friend Sariah. Both were super happy to be waiting at the bus stop. At first I wasn't going to let Lilly ride the bus because of all the GERMS, but she was going to school with germs too, so I had to let it go. Lilly was glad to get to ride the bus again. The last time she did that was the first part of Kindergarten before she was diagnosed with Leukemia.



Some moms shed a few tears and were sad to see their kiddos go... I was cheering! Lilly was NORMAL!! Going to school with all of the other normal healthy kids. Makes my heart HAPPY!


Emery cried after the bus left... She would ask me, "Where's my Lilly?" Breaks my heart... So, I had to keep her mind off of Lilly and have a fun day.


And we had FUN!!! We played games and did puzzles and watched movies. And then she crashed and took a two and a half hour nap! Before we knew it, it was time to go wait for the bus to bring Lilly back...


Happy Happy Girl!


Lilly said her day was really really really GOOD!




We decided to hear all about each others day over donuts. Lilly said she doesn't have homework this week, and they learned about class rules, and she made some new friends, and when she introduced herself she said that she likes to paint nails. Sounds like a great day to me!


These two were glad to be back together again after being away from each other. Here's to a new school year! I hope Lilly will be able to go to an entire year of school... She hasn't done that yet - not in Kindergarten or 1st Grade. Glad she had a great first day of 2nd Grade!

1 comment:

  1. Would Lilly have any interest in attending Salt Lake Comic Con? My best friend and I are going to be dressing up as Rapunzel and Belle. I know Lilly loves princesses and we would love to meet such a brave little girl! I have been following her blog for almost a year and a half and I would love to do something for her and for your family to show support. I could pitch in for the ticket. Please email me if you are interested. Sierathebarefootgirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete