Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ring that BELL Lilly!

On June 24th, Lilly had her first follow up at clinic. 


She had to have a blood draw this time because she has no port (yay) and she did great!! No big deal. She also had to have an echocardiogram to see how the chemo has affected her heart.


 On our way back over the bridge, we noticed one of our super heroes... Nurse Nancy! 


Dr. Doug wasn't in the office on Friday, so we got to see Dr. Luke in clinic instead. Luke was Michalla's favorite doctor, so Lilly has grown to love him too. She said, "If I can't see Doug, at least I get to see you!" So grateful for the amazing people that take care of my Lilly up at Primary's. Lilly's blood work looked great, and there is no damage to her heart. AWESOME! 


We got to bring Emery with us to clinic, which she's never done. As you can see, she was happy most of the day, but then the dr came into the room and she slightly panicked. But after there was no more sight of doctors or stethoscopes, she was happy again!


Some of Lilly's nurses came out to sing the "No More Chemo" song to her and she FINALLY got to ring that bell!! I remember when Lilly was first diagnosed and in the hospital a lot. We would hear that bell often and she would always peek her head out the door and listen. She would always ask me, "Mom, when is it MY turn? When do I get to ring the bell?" I would have to tell her that it wasn't for a long long time. I thought we would never get here... But here we are and oh how sweet it is!! 


So so HAPPY for my Lilly! You did it!


Thanks to family that came and supported Lilly on her special day. I will never forget it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment