Monday, February 22, 2016

Lilly Update:

Last night was really hard on Lilly. Her fever wouldn't break except with ibuprofen and she was miserable. High fever of 104.8, chills, shakes, throwing up, extremely pale, high heart rate, dizzy, horrible headache, nauseous. Overall crappy night. I was very worried about her. The adenovirus is hard on bone marrow, so Lilly received a red blood cell transfusion this morning. It helped her so much!! She perked up, her awful headaches went away, and she feels like a new girl! Her fever also broke and she hasn't spiked another one yet today. (knock on wood). I don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping she's through the worst part of it. She's still on two broad spectrum antibiotics, one of which she has to be premedicated to receive it because of a previous reaction she's had. She's still weak. She's still pale. But my Lilly girl is getting better. We'll see what tonight brings. I don't know why, but nights are always harder. I think both Lilly and I got only 2-3 hours of sleep last night. 


So grateful that Michalla's family came up to visit! It lifted Lilly's spirits so much. And I'm very grateful they came during a time she was feeling well. Right after they left is when her fever spiked again and she was so sick. And we love tech Holly too. Some of Lilly's favorite times in the hospital are spent playing cards with Holly. 


This morning... Lilly was so sad and crying silent tears. I asked her what was going on and she said she was "afraid that she was going to have to go to the second floor where Michalla went." (ICU) Broke my heart. Sad thing is her nurse was kind of toying with the idea because she was so so sick. 


Feeling better today! We had fun making clothes for our "bendy guys" out of paper towels and tape. Cute! Gotta keep busy to pass the time!


We miss seeing Susan the Art Lady! So glad we got to see her and make mandrake roots from Harry Potter. We are starting to read the Harry Potter books with Lilly right now, so this is a fun craft for her. I'll post pics when it's completed. So grateful for good days. Hoping she will continue to get better from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment