Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lilly's Talk in Primary

Lilly gave a talk in primary today and I just wanted to share it:


I feel my Savior’s Love when I serve others. On Friday, I had to go up to Primary Children’s Hospital. I had to get my port in my chest accessed, and I got chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is a kind of medicine that kills my cancer. I used to be scared when I had to go to the hospital, but I’m used to it now.

When I was in the infusion room, I met a new friend. Her name is Samantha. She is in a wheelchair. She is bald and has a cast on her leg. Samantha has bone cancer. I introduced myself and asked her if she wanted to play. That made her so happy! Her mom said nobody ever plays with her in clinic. We had so much fun! We colored pictures and made dinosaur eggs. And I made a new friend! When it was time to go, Samantha gave me the biggest hug and even a kiss on the cheek.

If you don’t walk as most people do, some people walk away from you. But I won’t, I won’t! If you don’t talk as most people do, some people talk and laugh at you. But I won’t, I won’t! I’ll walk with you I’ll talk with you, that’s how I’ll show my love for you. Jesus walked away from none. He gave his love to everyone. So I will, I will! Jesus blessed all he could see, then turned and said “Come follow me.” And I will, I will! I’ll walk with you, I’ll talk with you. That’s how I’ll show my love for you.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.







I want to be more like Lilly. She is such a great example to me.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! It is beautiful. Lilly is a light to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing talk and an amazing girl #!

    ReplyDelete